- Create an inspiration board on Pinterest.
- Create a physical vision board.
- Write out all the things you eventually want to make on pieces of paper. Put them in a jar and pick one out every time you need something to create.
Remember who you are: Revisit old work, favorite work, past work you’ve posted, recreate old pieces you already made. Try and make it better
- Take requests from friends, family, social media followers, etc.
- Try something different from what you normally do: use a different medium, try a different type of paper.
- Visit an art store! You’ll definitely find inspiration in that creative atmosphere.
- Follow along with a YouTube tutorial.
- Follow social media accounts that post daily or weekly prompts and art challenges.
- Create something with only one or two colors.
- Listen to music and paint what you hear. Or the theme behind a song.
- Relocate to a different area with your work space. Try painting in a park or restaurant if they'll let you.
- Practice reference drawing while scrolling through Pinterest or Instagram.
- Create fan art. Draw a celebrity or a character you're a big fan on.
Are You Stuck Trying To Figure Out What You Should Create?
Here are 14 tips I came up with to give you some ideas: